This blog is about the young life of Ian as told by his mother.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Three Months

Dear Ian,

On Wednesday you were three months old. I can't believe how quickly the time has passed. It seems like just yesterday that my water was breaking and I realized that you were coming. When you finally came after twenty six hours of labor and three hours of pushing, I couldn't believe it. There you were, perfect and adorable (and peeing on me, but that's another story).

As time as passed you've only gotten cuter. You're becoming a real little person. You have clear likes (Baby Einstein Gym) and dislikes (tummy time). You smile the biggest and greatest smile when you see me. In fact, you've taken to smiling at me so much lately that sometimes you forget to eat! I can't tell you how wonderful that makes me feel.

When you were born I loved you, as I knew I was supposed to, but as time passed that initial love has turned into something much deeper. While I long for a break from your constant needs, I ache to be with you, as if you are a part of me. As I sneak into your room every night to watch you sleep, my heart swells with pride and I wonder what kind of person you will grow up to be.

I love you Ian. I can't wait to watch you grow even more, and I am looking forward to the many exciting things to come.

Love,
Mom Posted by Picasa

No comments: