This blog is about the young life of Ian as told by his mother.

Friday, March 02, 2007

A Year Ago Today...

I wore this shirt today, but the picture is from a year ago. One year ago today I was getting ready to go out on maternity leave. In case you're wondering, I'm wearing the same shirt a year later because it's my Dr. Seuss shirt (Dr. Seuss' birthday is March 2, and I am always in charge of planning the celebration). This picture was taken in my classroom at my "breakfast" going away party. My kids were so generous with gifts. I spent that day running around like a crazy person, greeting guest readers, and trying to get ready to leave my job. When I look back, I realize I am a totally different person now. So, in preperation for Ian's birthday, I'll start what I am sure will be a long list of lists.

Things I Didn't Know a Year Ago
1. I didn't know that I would become a person who talks about their babies poop AND talks to their baby on the phone (go ahead and laugh Justine, you told me so).
2. I didn't know my husband would be a champion snot sucker.
3. I didn't know that I would miss my son every second that I wasn't with him.
4. I didn't know that work would no longer by my top priority.
5. I didn't know that all those brain cells that disappeared during pregnancy would stay vanished after Ian was born.

Last year, I left work, and probably cried. This year, I left work, came home to my son, and them spent the evening with good friends drinking martini's. We won't count the fact that it's 10:30, everyone is gone and I'm going to bed after writing this post.

Life is good. It's been a tough year, but I'm glad that I've experienced it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: