This blog is about the young life of Ian as told by his mother.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy 11 Month Birthday Ian!

Dear Ian,

It's been a crazy few weeks around here! You are eleven months old now. You spent most of your 10th month being sick. You had a really bad cold that turned into bronchitis (or something). We went to the doctor's office so many times! Finally, you are better, which makes me really happy. Now that you are better, you have decided that you want to do things your way. If you don't get to do what you want, like eat the remote, or call China on the telephone, you let me know that you are not happy (usually by screaming and throwing yourself on the floor). Despite this, you have a quirky sense of humor that is so funny. Sometimes you'll lean in to give me a kiss, smile, pull back, and shake your head no. You also enjoy smelling everyone's feet, to which we say, Peee-U! Stinky feet!

I'm not sure what you weigh, or how tall you are this month. You were on an eating strike for a while, so I know you lost a few pounds. You have started taking steps when we hold your hands, and today you walked by yourself when you were holding on to your little push cart. You also say hi and ok a lot. It's pretty funny, especially when you do it in the right context. You also shake your head no, alot. Often in times where it's appropriate. No, I don't want anymore food. No, I don't want my diaper changed.

You still love your daddy the best. You're starting to recognize the names of people; Grandma, Grandpa, Titi Missy. You like to practice your standing and walking a lot during the day. When you're not doing that, you like to "pet" the bunny, play with the tupperware, and read books. Sometimes when I get you from your crib in the morning you are reading a book. It's very, very cute.

Even though I still have days when I am impossibly overwhelmed by being your mother, I wouldn't trade you in for anything. Even after the toughest day, I still miss you when you go to bed.

I love you Ian.

Love,
Mama

PS: Thanks for being up at 4:00am so I could write this!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: