This blog is about the young life of Ian as told by his mother.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Getting Lost in the Store

With the events of late, I haven't really left the house much on my own. In fact, I haven't really left the house much period. This weekend though, I went out twice all alone. Once to Target (Mecca) and once to Shop Rite. As I walked around the stores and shopped, I found myself getting lost in my thoughts, something that doesn't happen often when you have a screaming, tantruming, almost one year old in your house. Speaking of that, Ian has perfected the art of the tantrum. Can't grab the bunny's ears? Just scream and cry and fling yourself backwards. Don't want to eat your carrots/bagel/peaches? Just throw them on the floor. Can't decide where you want to go? Cry and jump up and down. So as I walked through the grocery store tonight, I wondered, is this what life is going to be like from now until he turns three? Cause, wow, that's a lot of screaming and crying.

No comments: