This blog is about the young life of Ian as told by his mother.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's the most wonderful time of the year?

I am excited about Ian's first Christmas, but the path to getting there has been filled with snarling, barking dogs who are trying to eat my shoes so I can't more forward. We have presents. We have a tree (albeit without ornaments). We have cookies. Yet there seem to be many loose ends lurking about.

I think the thing that I am most excited about is having a week off to be with Ian. Granted, we have about 10,000 things planned for 10 days; open bank account, get new furniture, take lots of naps and of course, celebrate by 20-something birthday.

One of those snarling dogs that's impeding the joy of all things Christmas would be the colds that Ian and I seem to have contracted. I'm personally swearing by Airborne, and will continue to swallow the nasty substance and pay ridiculous amounts of money for it, since it seems to be working. Ian is swearing by avoiding the snot sucker and the tissues.

Just in case you were wondering, getting bloodwork for a nine month old is just as traumatic as you would think. No, we didn't get bloodwork for a cold. We had a food panel done to check for food allergies. That was the bomb that the pediatric GI dropped when I called a few days ago to ask why he was spitting up again. I don't know if it's a food allergy, although I was a little disheartened when I read that 50% of reflux cases are food related and that the AAP recommends that food allergies be considered when dealing with acid reflux. We're starting with the bloodwork and going from there. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I have gotten you addicted to the airborne stuff??? Hope you are both feeling better. By the way, I don't want to go back to work:o( who ever knew a week could go by so quickly! Thanks for sharing the blog with me. You are such a good mommy and now have made me feel guilty! Thanks so much :o)
~JC