1. Do not overplan your child's day. Be a good mother. Write things down and actually consult the calendar before you make commitments.
2. Do not take your 14 month of child to Wendy's by yourself. It can only end in disaster.
3. 14 month olds are old enough to fall for the mass marketing ploys of big industry (translated: Ian screamed and cried for a kids meal toy after seeing the attractive display placed at toddler-eye level at Wendy's and then, after the 10 minutes of screaming, took the toy and threw it to the ground)
4. Do not waste your money on the healthy alternative of yogurt. It will not be eaten.
5. Target diapers are not as absorbant as regular diapers. If your child is wearing a Target diaper, pack extra clothes.
6. If you forget to pack extra clothes, your child will go to music class wearing a onsie and sneakers, looking all ghetto and trashy.
7. If you child is already having a bad day, music class will likely only make things worse. There are many landmines here, such as sharing, putting away the instruments, and the turning off of the lights during "lullaby time".
8. When you finally walk in the door at 7:30pm, and your husband is not home from work yet, crying, screaming, and/or drinking heavily can help erase the stresses of the day.
Just thought I would share.