This blog is about the young life of Ian as told by his mother.

Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas Meme

I found this meme on another blog. Thought I'd share it with you. :)

Wrapping paper or gift bag?
I like to wrap gifts when possible. I get a weird thrill out of wrapping.

Real tree or artificial?
Fake. The real ones bother our allergies, plus I have a hard enough time getting my fake tree (which stays up on the storage side of my basement all year) decorated.

When do you put up your tree?
Sometime before Christmas. (It's up with no lights or decorations, hopefully this weekend)

When do you take down your tree?
Before Feb. 1 :)

Do you like eggnog?
Yuck. A drink made with eggs. Uck.

Favorite gift received as a child?
Apple II E computer or maybe the Barbie Dream House

Hardest person to buy for?
My Father

Easiest person to buy for?
My Son

Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail! I love getting them. I even mail peoples card that I see all the time because I just think it's nice to find something in your mailbox besides bills and junk.

Favorite Christmas movie?
Duh. A Christmas Story.

When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Black Friday

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I don't think so. I often save things with the intent to re-gift, but then I feel bad about passing along a not-so-nice gift. Then I usually free cycle it.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Cookies.

White or colored lights?
Colored. Blinking is ok, but only as long as they all blink in the same patten. Nothing drives me more crazy than lights that blink differently.

Favorite Christmas song?
Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses and Star of Wonder by the Bare Naked Ladies

Traveling for Christmas or stay home?
Home

Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers?
Yes.

Angel or Star on top of tree?
Star - I have the best star from when I was a kid. :)

Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning?
Christmas morning, even though I WISH SOMEONE WOULD LET ME OPEN THEM ON CHRISTMAS EVE!

Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Barely being able to handle my own life and then throwing baking, cleaning, wrapping, shopping, Christmas card mailing, visits to Santa, etc. etc. on top of it.

What I love most about Christmas?
Christmas Carols, Traditions, Buying for my son

No comments: