This blog is about the young life of Ian as told by his mother.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Now I know Why Parents Give Their Kids French Fries

Before Friday, I couldn't really understand why anyone would give their child french fries willingly. Then I tried to eat lunch on the boardwalk with my son. It started innocently enough. Melissa and I had to partake in the boardwalk tradition of eating cheese fries for lunch. I put Ian in his high chair and began feeding him butternut squash and corn. All was not going well. The child was screaming, flailing, and generally ticked off. I took him out of the high chair and place said child on my lap. Still screaming and flailing. Ian starts grabbing at the fries. I caved and gave him a fry. He was quiet. I gave my not-quite-eight month old French fries. At least they were good French fries.

Some more news on the Ian front: Ian likes to assert his opinion. If he doesn’t like something, crying is the name of the game. Who needs to get their diaper changed? Apparently not Ian, because he screams like you’re killing him when you try to do so. Soap? Nope, that’s a deadly weapon as of tonight. Baby food? Forget it. Ian only wants waffles, cheerios, pancakes, and of course French fries.

Finally, to end this latest round of whining, Ian is cutting a tooth. The thing is, I really think it’s the eye tooth on the top right. So he might have one bottom tooth and a top eye tooth? That should look good for the pictures with Santa. Since there is much tooth cutting, there is much crankiness. It was like the old days of nothing but bouncing in the bouncy chair.

On a more positive note we took a really long walk with Ian today. He had a blast on the swing at the playground. He also thinks that violence is funny. Seriously. While swinging, he kicked me and he laughed his head off. Do girl babies think violence is funny? Posted by Picasa

No comments: