This blog is about the young life of Ian as told by his mother.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness

I feel melancholy about returning to work. There are some days that I feel like I've reached the staturation level of stay at home motherhood and then there are other days that I look at my son and want to cry, because I'll be missing so much. I'm happy that he'll be able to stay with his grandmom most of the time and he'll be with Denise the rest of the time. I know that both will dote on him and probably give him more attention and patience than I could. But looking back at my little guy and thinking about all the changes he's already made, I just can't beleive it's almost time to go back to work.

This picture was taken on the day he was born. August was like a distant island, that I never imagined I was going to get to. Now my little booger is almost five months old.

Ok. I have to go get some tissues now. Posted by Picasa

No comments: